Sunday, August 3, 2008

Health, relationships, love and depression.

Health, relationships, love. Three things that leave us down and depressed so often in life, even leading us to suicide in some cases.

Medication, therapy, counseling. Three things that leave us feeling better. I know it's not rocket science, but stay with me on this one for a few more seconds.

Studies are constantly released, the content full of solutions to depression, therapy and medication are the two common prescribed solutions and yet we're still depressed. Why?

Unfortunately, It's not know exactly what causes depression. There are numerous theories about the origins such as biological and genetic factors, environmental influences, and childhood or developmental events.
Various studies and research projects undertaken have usually stated that clinical depression is most often caused by the influence of more than just one or two factors.

For instance (and this one stunned me the most), a person whose mother had recurrent major depression may have inherited a vulnerability to developing clinical depression (genetic influence). This combined with how the person thinks about him- or herself (psychological influence) in response to the stress of going through a divorce (environmental influence), may put him or her at a greater risk for developing depression than someone else who does not have such influences. In short Genetic + psychological influence, then + enviromental influence = A formula for certain depression.

The causes of clinical depression are often different for various people. Sometimes a bout of depression can appear to come out of nowhere at a time when everything seems to be going fine. Other times, depression may be directly related to a significant event in our lives such as losing a loved one, a traumatic experience, or battling a chronic illness.

I have done my own research into this, and have recently started to talk about it in a group i started:

Depression - The need to know To join the group, you will need to check out Mychillpill, this is also a great resource for depression sufferers.

8 comments:

andrew said...

Interesting posts.
I have recently tried to explain how depression feels with text, pictures and music.
www.strayblackdog.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Depression is "temporary" imbalance of biochemicals in the brain. Now that we've said that. What does it mean? . Depression however, is prolonged periods of feeling "down", worthless, sad, and hopeless. These periods can last anywhere from a month to a year, to -if untreated- a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Depression is "temporary" imbalance of biochemicals in the brain. Now that we've said that. What does it mean? . Depression however, is prolonged periods of feeling "down", worthless, sad, and hopeless. These periods can last anywhere from a month to a year, to -if untreated- a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

All are very much important in anyone's life :)

Automobile Accident Injuries

herry said...

Today I browsed through your blog and found it very informative with rich content. I would like to appreciate you for your great effort behind making such a great blog..
visit now: 5-HTP

herry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello,
My name is Cheryl and I live in the United States. Last year I nearly died due to a brain tumor that was undiagnosed for about ten years. I suffered from clinical depression as the location of the tumor was on my frontal lobe.

As I rise from the ashes of my crumbled life, I am sharing encouraging thoughts, prayers, music, and other posts on my blog. I am a Born Again Christian.
http://weepingintodancing.wordpress.com/
I hope you check it out.

You can read about my personal journey by selecting CATEGORY on the right of the homepage. Then scroll down to ABOUT ME. I have pictures posted of myself right after surgery and present day. My recovery was quick with the Lord's help.

Sarah Morgan said...

I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN and I am from California in the USA, I contracted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to send it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, WEAK BODY,  HEPATITIS A&B, DENGUE FEVER, RABIES, MARBURG  DISEASE, THYROID, SMALLPOX, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS ,LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, BACTERIAL DIARRHEA HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN,  DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,  SORENESS/INJURY,  VAGINAL  DISCHARGE,  CHANCROID, DEPRESSION, TUBERCULOSIS, ALZHEIMER , PENIS ENLARGEMENT, PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2349010754824           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information. on Sarah Morgan 06.